2019 Health Focus Salem Distance Run
Annual Health Focus Salem Distance Run and 5K Walk
45th Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Salem Distance Run and 5K Walk – August 10, 2019
Location: Longwood Park, Salem
Race founder: Richard Browder, retired track coach, Roanoke College
5K & 10K: Race starts at 8:00 am, 5K – $25.00 & 10K – $30.00 (includes t-shirt). Additional $5.00 if mailed or registered after August 4th.
5K Walk: Walk starts at 8:00 am, $25.00 (includes t-shirt). Additional $5.00 if mailed or registered after August 3th.
Packet Pickup: Friday, August 9, 4:00-7:00 pm or Saturday, August 10, 6:30-7:30 am at Longwood Park
Courses certified by The Athletic Congress (TAC).
Ultra-marathoner and friend to Health Focus and Salem, Michael Wardian, will be present on Saturday!!!
Contact: 540-444-2925, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Details
- No dogs in park by Salem City Police Ordinance
- No pets or strollers, please.
- Cut-off for race day registration is 7:30 a.m.
- Both races and walk start near “Easter Seals” at 201 East Main Street.
- Award presentations are in Longwood Park immediately following the races.
We are thankful for our event partner, Salem Parks & Recreation
Downloadable Course Maps
We are partners with the Roanoke Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
2018 Salem Distance Run Winners
- 5K Male-Harrison Toney 15:57;
- 10K Male-Andrew Parkins 37:19
- 5K Female-Rebecca Benson 25:49;
- 10K Female-Emma Kowlowski 42:19.
- Record Times
- 5K Ben Cooke 15:21 Catherine White 18:14
- 10K Jason Dowdy 32:45 Trish Nervo 38:41