Health & Wellness Resources from Health Focus
For a number of years Health Focus of Southwest Virginia has worked toward providing health information to the public in an easily accessible manner. Now with subscriptions and links, that information is available.
Links and what’s available how to use listed here. Include the National Health Library (in Bethesda MD, part of National Institute of Health)
Online Health Library
Recently, Health Focus purchased rights to a robust Health Library that will serve as a great tool in improving the community’s health.
Health Focus serves as guardian of over 600 medical museum items, many already on display, including antique medical instruments, equipment, and pharmaceutical items. Museum cases filled with these artifacts are displayed in the lobby of LewisGale Physicians for public viewing. In addition, Health Focus has several hundred items in storage for rotation with those on display. Items date from the Civil War.
National Health Library (Bethesda, Maryland)
An excellent gathering of health information and research.
The Lewis-Gale nursing alumnae information and current list of officers.
- President: Marolyn Geib, (540) 774-1248
- Vice President: June Hogan, (540) 562-1278
- Secretary: Shiela Lancaster, (540) 992-4976
- Treasurer: Phyllis Bateman, (540) 389-8287
- Board Members:
- Paige Jennings, (540) 989-4628
- Sylvia Plasters, (540) 774-0898
- Louvena Anderson, (540) 563-9811
- Nominating: Jean Logwood, (540) 989-0686
- Philanthropic: Elmyra Mitchell, (540) 774-2384
- Jean Broyles, (540) 366-9065
- Patsy Saville, (540) 562-1673
- Publicity: Marie Saul, (540) 989-0562
- Scholarship: Jean Nunn, (540) 521-2120
- Social: Barbara Thornhill, (540) 774-3655
For more information, contact Cindy Hannah at 540-951-1044.