2017 Health Focus Salem Distance Run
Annual Health Focus Salem Distance Run and 5K Walk
43nd Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Salem Distance Run and 5K Walk – August 12, 2017
We are partners with the Roanoke Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau
Location: Longwood Park, Salem
Race founder: Richard Browder, retired track coach, Roanoke College
5K & 10K: Race starts at 8:00 am, 5K – $25.00 & 10K – $30.00 (includes t-shirt). Additional $5.00 if mailed or registered after August 5th.
5K Walk: Walk starts at 8:00 am, $25.00 (includes t-shirt). Additional $5.00 if mailed or registered after August 5th.
Registration: Online at runsignup.com, Friday, August 11, 5:00-7:00 pm or Saturday, August 12, 6:30-7:40 am at Longwood Park
Packet Pickup: Friday, August 11, 5:00-7:00 pm or Saturday, August 12, beginning at 6:30 am at Longwood Park
Courses certified by The Athletic Congress (TAC).
Ultra-marathoner and friend to Health Focus and Salem, Michael Wardian, will be present on Saturday!!!
Contact: 540-444-2925, Ext 200, email@example.com
Rules & Details
- No dogs in park by Salem City Police Ordinance
- No pets or strollers, please.
- The first 400 runners/walkers enjoy $5 off of a dinner at Mama Maria’s Italian Restaurant.
- Cut-off for race day registration is 7:40 a.m.
- Both races and walk start near “Easter Seals” at 201 East Main Street.
- Award presentations are in Longwood Park immediately following the races.
Downloadable Course Maps
2015 Salem Distance Run Winners
5K Male – Andrew Parkins 17:31; Female – Bridget Parkins 22:45
10K Male – Patrick Woodford 33:39; Female – Layne Ferguson 51:29
Salem Distance Run Record Times
5K Male – Ben Cooke 15:21; Female – Catherine White 18:14
10K Male – Jason Dowdy 32:45 Female – Trish Nervo 38:41